At Spirits of Milford Ghost Camp, young people 11 to 18 years old will learn the basics of paranormal investigation by visiting two walkable haunted sites in downtown Milford, Conn., while using professional ghost hunting tools like EMF detectors, EVP recorders and dowsing rods.
Running on select dates between June 22 and August 7, each of these 3-hour morning, afternoon or evening adventures will begin near the entrance of Wilcox Park — believed to be haunted by the Paugussett Indians who used to live there — near the public boat launch at Fowler Field. Led by Spirits of Milford Ghost Walks owner/operator Cindy Wolfe Boynton, participants will learn about the history of the area and then use ghost hunting tools to conduct a mini-investigation of why paranormal occurrences tend to occur there. We’ll then walk three-tenths of a mile up Prospect Street to Milford Cemetery, where we’ll visit two stones:
- The grave of Andrew Sanford, who was accused of being a witch during Connecticut’s Colonial witch trials
- The monument that pays tribute to Revolutionary War Captain Stephen Stow, whose more than 300-year-old spirit has been captured in photos
As part of the experience, campers will also:
- Make their own ghost-hunting pendulums and learn how to use them
- Make a good luck “evil eye” bracelet that’s said to provide spiritual protection
- Learn how to use cell phone cameras to capture orbs, energy ribbons and other paranormal evidence
- Hear stories about the infamous Captain Kidd and how the time he spent in Milford led to Charles Island being cursed three times
Just as spooktacular is that all who attend Spirits of Milford Ghost Camp will receive a voucher for one free ticket to attend any fall, spring or summer Spirits of Milford Ghost Walk in 2021 or 2022!
Participants are encouraged to dress appropriately for the weather and wear safe walking shoes; bring their cell phones or cameras; and wear sunscreen and bug spray. Water bottles will be provided.
Each Spirits of Milford Ghost Camp session will be limited to 10 participants, so early registration is recommended. Cost is $75 per person. Pay by credit card, PayPal or Venmo. Registration will not be final until payment is received and is non-refundable. Refunds will only be given if severe weather forces us to cancel. If that occurs, participants will have the option of rescheduling to another date or requesting a refund.